Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 28 June 2011

In memory of Daisy





For those of you who don't know who Daisy is or have seen this frame of old pics and wondered what is it let me explain...




...Daisy is my (Anne's) Grandmother and she lent Kate and I the money for us to be able to buy Cocoa 5 years ago. She was born in 1920 and spent her entire life in Sheffield. I came to university in Sheffield in 2003 and spent a lot of time with her and got really close. In 2006 she was kind enough to lend us the money to fulfil our dream of owning Cocoa, as we had both fallen in love with the idea but had nothing to back us up finacially we would not have been able to do it otherwise.



Daisy unfortunately got very ill and past away 3 years this week. Kate and I were lucky enough to see her the day before she died and had the chance to say goodbye. We are both incredibly grateful for her help and miss her very much.





I made this collection of photos for her as she struggled to remember very much and she seemed better at remembering the past. I took this frame to her when I came to visit, in the last years of her life and it helped her memory to talk about the pictures. I wanted to keep this in Cocoa for people to see how important she is to us.























































No comments:

Post a Comment